THOMAS JEFFERSON

"What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

NOAM CHOMSKY

[Q: do you think the Palestinian suicide bombers are freedom fighters or terrorists?] "They're terrorists - they're both, actually. They're trying to fight for freedom, but doing it in a totally unacceptable immoral way. Of course they're terrorists. And there's been Palestinian terrorism all the way through. I have always opposed it, I oppose it now. But it's very small as compared with the US-backed Israeli terrorism. Quite typically, violence reflects the means of violence. It's not unusual. State terror is almost always much more extreme than retail terror, and this is no exception."

"States are violent institutions. The government of any country, including ours, represents some sort of domestic power structure, and it's usually violent. States are violent to the extent that they're powerful, that's roughly accurate."

"To gain control over this resource, and have probably military bases there, is a tremendous achievement for world control. You read counter-arguments to this, and they're worth looking at. So it's argued that it can't be true, because the costs of reconstruction are gonna be greater than the profits that will be made. Well, maybe that's true, maybe it isn't, but it's totally irrelevant. And the reason is because the costs of reconstruction are gonna be paid by the taxpayer, by you, and the profits are gonna go right into the pockets of the energy corporations. So yeah, it doesn't matter how they balance out, it's just another taxpayer subsidy to the rich."

Monday, October 20, 2008

Welcome.

Well, I decided I'd give this blogging thing a try...I'll be putting different news stories, ramblings, anecdotes, and whatever else comes to mind. A little about me: I'm currently working on a bachelor's degree in sociology, I'm very happily engaged, and I believe that power and domination are the only and ultimate sins. Yes, I'm an anarchist. No, that doesn't mean chaos and blowing shit up. But, I'll be able to explain my views further at another time...for now, I'm going to set this thing up and start thinking about my first official blog post. Until then, peace.

-=Sick_of_Slavery=-

No comments: